Date:Sept 2015 to Dec 2015
Team Members:Andy Chu, Hassan Haq, Joshua Lee, Percy Teng, Nelson Yi
CISC 326 (Game Architecture) was primarily based around a group project involving an architectural analysis of the 2004 video game DOOM 3. This was a 6 member project involving a high-level analysis of a large code base.
The analysis was separated into primarily three portions:
- an analysis of the conceptual architecture,
- an analysis of the concrete architecture,
- and the proposal of an architectural enhancement.
This project required us to do the following:
- derive a conceptual architecture through consulting documentation, and making comparisons to reference architectures and architectures of similar games
- learn to use SciTools Understand (pictured below) to analyze the source code of DOOM 3 and to help derive the concrete architecture
- propose a feature to the game and using SAAM/ATAM to analyze the potential effects on the architecture
We compiled everything for the presentations, reports, and miscellaneous files for this project onto a website at cisc326groupomg.wordpress.com.